The schools, colleges and coaching institutions in India will remain closed till July 31, according to the new guidelines for unlock 2 issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The new guidelines will come into effect from July 1.
Features of the new guidelines for Unlock 2
- Operations of domestic flights and passenger trains that have already been allowed in a limited manner will be further expanded in a calibrated manner.
- Night curfew timings further relaxed and curfew shall be in force from 10.00 pm to 5.00 am. Relaxations in night curfew given for operation of industrial units in multiple shifts, movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways, loading and unloading of cargo and movement of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and airplanes.
- Shops depending upon the area can have more than five persons at a time. Adequate physical distance should be maintained.
- Training institutions of Central and State Governments can function with effect from July 15, 2020.
- All activities, except the following, shall be permitted outside containment zones:
- Metro Rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations.
Dates for opening of these will be decided separately, based on the assessment of the situation.
- Lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the Containment Zones till July 31. Within the containment zones, strict perimeter control shall be maintained and only essential activities allowed.
- Vulnerable persons, i.e., persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
If you have an inspiring story to share to the world, sent it to email@example.com