Are women happy with their breast Size? Some say they have small breasts and some say they have a large breast. Generally a majority of women, according to a new survey, are not satisfied with the size of their breasts.
The Survey – Breast Size Satisfaction Survey – was conducted in 18,541 women in forty. The study has been published in Body Image journal. With the survey conducted in forty countries, this has become the largest ever survey in this regard.
The study was led by Professor Viren Swami of Anglia Ruskin University and the survey was conducted by about 100 international experts.
In the survey, they found that 48 per cent of women wanted to have larger breasts than they had. About 23 per cent wanted smaller breasts. The survey says that only 29 per cent of women were satisfied with their breast size. The average age of women who participated in the survey was 34.
The Study noted:
dissatisfied with their breast size were less likely to practice self-examination of their breasts, which is said to be needed for detecting changes and also needed for early detection of cancer. The study found that breast size dissatisfaction was associated with poor psychological well being, which included lower levels of self-esteem. It has also been said that women are dissatisfied with their breast size were likely to be dissatisfied with their overall appearance and weight.
It has been said in the survey that women in Japan, Brazil, Egypt, UK and China are the most dissatisfied of their breast size. Meanwhile, women in India, Egypt, Pakistan, Lebanon, and UK have the largest ideal breast size. It has also been said women in Japan, Philippines, Austria, Malaysia and Germany have the smallest ideal breast size.
Lead researcher Viren Swami said that it was a serious issue as it involves the physical as well as psychological well-being of women. He also said that their study showed that objectification of medium to large breasts was a global phenomenon now.
The study also found that dissatisfaction over breast size decreased with age. Older women have less pressure to attain or maintain breast size ideals. Breastfeeding encourage women to focus on its functional purpose rather than looking at them in aesthetic terms.
FAQs about breasts
What is a normal breast size? Can my breast still grow at 17?
Average size of a woman’s breast is unique and is generally dictated by genetics. Girls may start to develop breast at the age of eight to early teans. It becomes fully developed by the time they reach early 20s. Breast size may remain firmly stable, but fluctuations occur due to overall weight gain or pregnancy.The primary function of the breasts is to nourish infants and the size of the breast has no bearing on a woman’s ability to breastfeed. Also, the size doesn’t influence breast sensitivity or sexual arousal in women.
Ones breast size is determined primarily by heredity. Since there are no muscles in the breasts, once cannot increase the size of her breast by doing exercises. However, significant weight loss may decrease the size of the breasts in proportion to overall weight loss as breasts are mostly made up of fatty materials. In some cases, large breast can cause physical, emotional and psychological problems. Some women may opt for breast reduction surgery to help alleviate those problems. On the other hand, women who feel their breasts are too small may go for breast augmentation surgery.
Does breast size increase after marriage?
The answer is no. Marriage doesn’t affect breast size. But the changes happen while conceiving a child or traditional weight gain after marriage.
Why are my breasts different sizes? Is there anything I can do about it?
Many girls approach doctors saying that their one breast is smaller than the other one. But it is normal to have different sized breasts. In some cases, it will become uniform when they reach in their 30s. But it’s also perfectly normal for breasts to be different sizes even when they’re fully developed.
Asymmetric: Breasts are identified as asymmetric if one boob is larger or smaller than the other.
Athletic: If breasts are wider, muscular looking and have less tissues, they are called athletic.
East West: If your nipples point in opposite directions outward, they are called east west breasts.
Relaxed: If boobs typically hang downwards and have lax tissue, they are called relaxed.
Bell Shape: Bell shape breasts are thinner at the top and fuller at the bottom.
Slender: They will have a slender look.
Side Set: If there is a little space between breasts, they are called side set.
Round: Round boobs are the type that are fully circular, and equal at the top and bottom of the breasts.
Tear Drop: Similar to round breasts, the tear drop shape is circular, but your boobs are a little less full at the top.
Can I increase size?
The answer is yes. Breast augmentation can be done to increase the size of your breasts. In this surgery, a surgeon places saline and silicone under the breast tissue to make it look puffed. Moreover, there can be serious complications associated with such a procedure.
How to increase size naturally?
There are several natural ways to increase the breasts size. Massage, enlargement exercises, dieting and enlargement pumps are some of them.
1. Breast Increase Foods: Foods such as milk products, fruits and nuts can aid in natural breast enlargement. They are entirely made of fat and consuming whole milk products that are rich in fat can increase the size. Papaya mixed with milk(not recommended for pregnancy diet), Fenugreek seeds containing a rich source of estrogen, fennel seeds, Flax seeds, nuts that are rich in monosaturated fats and soybeans may increase the size.
2. Yoga for Breast size: The ancient art may help to increase the breast size. Bhujangasana, also known as cobra pose: – you will have to lie down on your stomach joining your foot straight on the floor and put your hands on your chest. Repeat 10 times every day. Ustrasana(Camel pose) is kneeling facing your head to the ceiling and bending your back to touch your feet. Repeat 10 times. This pose also benefits you with good digestion and reduces arms and thigh fat. Dwikonasan, also known as a double angle pose – this asana includes standing, stretching both your hands backwards and locking it & bending down to touch your head to your knees. This is one of the best yoga exercises for big breasts.
3. Massage Oil: Massaging is one of the best ways to increase breast size. What natural oils can I use to massage your breasts? Use Flaxseed oil, Breast enlargement creams, Fennel and Olive oil. How To Get A Breast Massage? The best natural way to increase breasts size is by getting an oil massage done. First, Move your hands around both breasts in a circulator way, then Join both breasts together. Repeat the procedure ten times a day using some natural oil such as olive oil, tea tree oil and lavender oil.
Can Supplements Increase Size?
Yes, breast enlargement supplements do help you get bigger breasts. Make sure that you use supplements that are made from natural ingredients.
Is there any natural way to reduce size?
Yes, it is possible to reduce breast size with exercise and diet changes.
1. Diet: The breasts are mostly made up of adipose tissue, or fat. Losing body fat can reduce a person’s breast size. A low-calorie, highly nutritious diet can indirectly help to shrink the tissue. Focus on eating nutrient-dense foods that are low in calories. Fruits, vegetables, fatty fish, such as salmon, and lean meats, such as grilled chicken, can help a person feel full while still supporting healthy weight loss.
2. Exercise: Like diet, exercise can help a person lose body fat, which might also help reduce breast size over time. Cardiovascular exercises that increase a person’s heart rate are highly effective at burning fat. Depending on health and fitness factors, people can try running, swimming, or taking brisk walks.
3. Reduce estrogen: Flaxseed may help reduce estrogen levels. Estrogen plays a key role in the development of breast tissue. So countering excess estrogen could reduce size, especially in people with hormonal imbalances.
4. Binding: Binding involves wrapping material tightly around the breasts to flatten them. It will not shrink breast tissue or prevent the them from growing, but binding can help the them look smaller and may make a person feel more comfortable.
5. Change bra: A bra cannot permanently change the size, but minimizer bras can create the illusion of smaller size.
Most of the time women are not aware of choosing the correct bra size.
Disclaimer: This content provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. It is advised to always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information.