More than 10,000 people have joined the Kerala Cuisine Contest, aimed at encouraging travellers across the globe to experience delicacies from the state of Kerala and to remain connected through digital platforms.
Kerala Cuisine Contest, an online cooking competition organised is open to all non-Malayalis residing outside Kerala. Kerala Tourism organises the online competition launched on December 21, 2020 and will run until June 21, 2021.
The online contest is a unique campaign aimed at inviting travellers across the globe to experience Kerala’s yummy delicacies.. The Participants have to prepare a Kerala dish and share the cooking video with the state tourism department. The duration of the video should be between 3 and 5 minutes, and the file size should not exceed 500MB. An individual can upload a maximum of five videos, each on different recipes. People of all age groups can participate in the contest, which does not have any entry fee.
An expert panel of judges constituted by the Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala, will scrutinise the entries and select the winners. Ten lucky winners will get an all-paid, seven-night family trip to Kerala after Covid-19. The tour package will cover travel, accommodation and food.
Renowned chefs, academicians and social media influencers have extended support to the contest. Dr. Varinder Singh Rana, the Dean of School of Hotel Management, Airlines, and Tourism at CT University, Ludhiana, Ricky Narayan, the celebrated chef, and Samkisha Aggarwal, community entrepreneur, are a few of the celebrity ambassadors of the contest.
How to participate?
- Register to Kerala Cuisine Contest 2020
- Check out the Recipe Gallery and pick one of your choice
- Shoot a short video presentation of yourself/family preparing the dish at home
- Log in to submit your entry
- To upload videos, use any one of the following options: Upload directly to the Contest page | Email videos/links | Share via file transfer options | Share links via WhatsApp
- Videos will undergo an initial scrutiny by the admin. Upon approval, you will get a URL that you may share on social media platforms to garner public support
- There is no entry fee to participate in this Contest.
- You can upload a maximum of five videos, one each on five different recipes
- The language of communication in the video is left to your personal choice
Top 10 winners along with their family will get an exciting trip to Kerala post COVID-19. A 7-night trip to Kerala for five families from India and five families from abroad. The prize is applicable to maximum four members from a family, including the winner. The tour package will cover travel, accommodation and food. All other participants can download digital Certificate of Participation from the website.
To know more about the contest and view the cooking videos uploaded by the participants, log onto https://www.keralatourism.org/contest/cuisine2020/